Project Youth supports young people aged 12 to 24 who face complex trauma and significant disadvantage. We operate across the South Sydney region, offering trauma informed, individual, group and therapeutic programs that enable young people to be connected, safe, achieving and healthy. We believe all young people deserve the opportunity to thrive – regardless of the disadvantage they may face. Our programs are designed to offer wrap-around supports, recognising that often young people need help in more than one area of their lives to thrive and achieve their potential.
1. Early intervention –drop-in, school based, outreach and peer-support programs for young people who are in contact with the justice system, disengaged from education or at risk of this, engaging in unsafe behaviours like alcohol and other drug abuse, or experiencing challenges with family and other relationships.
2. Housing and homelessness – we offer a three-stage housing support program spanning crisis refuges, transitional housing and semi-independent accommodation.
3. Education, employment and training – we help young people remain in education and up-skill for employment and connect them with local jobs.
The three are interconnected and work best when we address all three areas for young people.
Program donations fund:
Project Educate is non-government funded, therefore all the funds are from a combination of donations, grants and fundraising to support the program to operate.
$10,000 would add significant benefit to the students through enabling the students to be provided with:
- A nutritious breakfast for the school year ($2,300)
- 4 school excursions/activities to add value to their learning ($1,500)
- A formal at the end of the school year to celebrate their achievement ($1,800)
- Support from a First Nations support worker to run cultural activities for the students over the school year ($2,200)
- Pay for up to 20 counselling sessions for students to support their learning through managed mental health ($2,200)
Thank you to our Donors
Be Kind Sydney Matched
Be Kind Sydney Bonus
An excellent cause. Thank you to the PY staff for the great work you do everyday to support our young people.
Be Kind Sydney Prize Share Story
Martin Sejas & Nastaran Forouzesh
Be Kind Sydney Prize Launch Post
Keep doing an amazing job! Those young people are our future and part of our community. They deserve a chance to have a good future! Thank you.